We are looking at dragons and unicorns this week and how they can become characters in fairy tales.
- make a dragon or unicorn mask, use it to act out the characteristics of your creature.
- pretend to be your character and ask a member of your family to ask you questions. Eg. what do you like to eat? Who are your friends? What is your favourite place to go?
- Draw a map of where your character lives or where they like to go. Draw on paths for them to walk along.
- make stick/finger puppets of different characters and act out stories with members of your family.
- Make Coconut Cloud dough - Recipe for Coconut Cloud Dough: 1 cup baby oil (ANY oil should work. Do not use baby oil if you have a child likely to taste this, stick to vegetable oil.) 4 cups plain flour 1 cup corn flour / starch (I used this to make it whiter, but if you don’t have any convert this to ordinary flour) 2 cups desiccated coconut + more to sprinkle over the top for fun! Simply mix the oil into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until it is fully combined. It should resemble damp sand. Play!
- Play a game of unicorns/dragons tail. Tuck a scarf or ribbon into the back of your trousers for a 'tail.' Try and take the others players tail while keeping your own. The winner is the one who keeps their tail the longest. Good Luck!
- Draw a map of where your character lives, remember to draw paths for them to walk down. Are there any trees? lakes? fields?