Here are some other activities you might want to do around 'The three little pigs'.
See below for Mrs Hamlen's houses!
- Build mini houses out of three materials then try and blow them down with a hairdryer! Which one is the strongest?
- Build houses outside and see which material can survive the elements this week (it's going to be rainy!)
- Collect materials in a bucket around the garden/ on a nature walk then sort them into natural materials and man made materials. Can they identify what different materials they have found e.g. wood, metal, plastic, stone
- Walk around your village/ town and see what different materials all the buildings are made from - can they make a list of words/ pictures on a clip board. What do they notice? Are any houses made from card? cotton wool? sticks?
- Log into Mini Mash and build some houses within 'Simple City' (the poster displayed in the Mini Mash classroom)
- Look at houses around the world online together, do houses look the same in Spain/ Africa/ Australia/ Brazil?
- Make a map of their dream house! What special rooms does it have?
- Make little pig masks from paper plates
- Make a puppet show from a cardboard box and make a set / puppets to retell the story
Mrs Hamlen has made houses outside from three different materials!
Which one do you think looks the sturdiest? Which one would last through a storm? Are these natural or man-made materials?
Mini mash also has some story creating programs! Can they draw a picture related to our story and caption it?
Explore Mini Mash for more art, games, reading and writing activities.